|Title:||Registered Nurse - Emergency Room|
|Job Type:||Direct Hire|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Shift: 8 and 12 hour shifts available
Location: Nationwide opportunities available
Type: Full-time and travel assignments (13-26 weeks) available
Penn Talent, LLC has partnered with a leading healthcare organization in a search for Emergency Room (ER) Registered Nurses. The ER Registered Nurse will work in a critical care emergency facility assisting doctors and working with emergency medical specialists to help individuals who are in pain and/or dealing with potential life-threatening trauma. The ER Registered Nurse will be responsible for quickly assessing the needs of each patient, prioritizing care based on its critical nature, working to stabilize patients, handling issues, and discharging patients after the emergency is over or making arrangements for a longer hospital stay.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- One year of clinical experience in a hospital setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to multitask with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an often stressful environment.
- Ability to work well with others; excellent interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics:
Critical-Thinking Skills: Nurses will need to assess a patient's health, as well as detect changes in symptoms, health or pain, and will need to know when action is necessary.
Compassion: Must be sympathetic to patient needs and be able to deal with people in various states of pain, trauma and tragedy.
Attention to Detail: Nurses will help doctors operate, administer medicines and work with specific treatments.
Organizational Skills: Nurses will face multiple patients, with differing needs, stages of health and risk factors. Therefore, being organized and knowing how to prioritize is essential.
Calm Under Pressure: Being able to effectively function in emergency situations will be necessary.
Communication Skills: Nurses communicate directly with patients who are scared, in pain or in shock. Family members will have questions and want answers. As a nurse, being a patient listener and good communicator to help keep everyone calm and facilitate understanding is a must.
- Competitive compensation
- Direct deposit program and a FREE Payroll Debit Card.
- Access to a network of assignments with leading healthcare facilities throughout the nation
- Assistance with housing and travel needs.
- Per Diem Pay to offset expenses
- Healthcare Stipend
- FREE Malpractice Insurance and Workers' Comp coverage